Dazed and confused? Not me. I’m just Lost in the Cheese Aisle.

Monday, January 2, 2017

THE CHEESE AISLE DICTIONARY, Vol. 28

Yet more stuff that should be in the dictionary but isn’t.

Long-time readers of my previous site may recall the Blog d’Elisson Dictionary, installments of which may be found in that site’s Archives. For other entries in the Cheese Aisle Dictionary, simply click on the sidebar link for Cheese-Dic.

Our latest entries:

edifice rex [ed-i-fis rex] (n) – An exceptionally large or opulently designed building, esp. one designed by an architect with ideas more grandiose than warranted by the project.

taquerrhea [ta-kuh-ri-uh] (n) – Unpleasant digestive condition, generally resulting from the consumption of excessive quantities of Mexican food.

“I’m staying away from Fred’s Cantina for a while... had a horrible case of taquerrhea last night. Must’ve been the Extreme Fajitas.”

2 comments:

Kevin Kim said...

Hoo, boy. I think "taquerrhea" might prove to be a dangerous term, given its similarity to "taquería."

Elisson said...

I believe that was the whole point. ;-)